Accounts semi senior
We’re a growing accountancy practice in the heart of rural Northamptonshire, and we have a vacancy. We’re a small, friendly and vibrant team who work in a fun, hard-working environment. As our accounts semi senior, you’ll be a key member, acting as the main support for the business managers.
Here’s a great opportunity for you to move into client management. There will be the opportunity to take a leading role in client portfolio management, manage your own workload and further develop both your technical and commercial skills.
This role is suitable for both QBE or part-qualified practitioners with a minimum of two years’ experience of working in an accounts practice environment.
This role is a full-time position. But – if you’re the right candidate, we’ll consider part-time. You’ll be primarily office-based, but you’d need to expect some travel to clients’ premises, so you’ll need your own transport.
Please note – audit duties will not form part of this role.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer training support for professional qualifications with the following accountancy bodies – AAT, ATT, ACCA or CIOT.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of accounts for a wide variety of clients, from sole traders to limited companies, from client records and using accounting software ready for senior manager review
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparation of tax computations and returns
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of payroll, including CIS, P11Ds, etc.
- Preparation of added value reports, such as budgets and forecasts
- Liaison with clients on a broad spectrum of issues as required, including query resolution, authorisations, enquiries
- Liaison with third parties, such as HMRC, previous practitioners, etc. regarding a variety of client matters
- Periodical bookkeeping from clients’ source records using a variety of different accounting software
- Preparation and maintenance of digital and paper client documentation
- Support business managers as required to ensure the smooth running of the client portfolio
- Other ad hoc assignments as required
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both colleagues, clients and third parties
- Ability to adopt procedures and processes quickly
- Self-motivated with the ability to work using own initiative and plan/manage own workload and prioritise tasks
- High level of integrity and commitment
- Supportive and reliable team member with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of two years’ experience of working in an accounts practice environment is essential
- IT literate, including Microsoft and G Suite / Google Apps
- Experience of using accounting software packages is essential, particularly cloud-based packages – knowledge of QuickBooks is an advantage